Puget Sound Plumber | Our Plumbing Tips
Stop Freakin…Call Beacon!
13 Things Your Plumber Won’t Tell You
- If you need a recommendation, call a plumbing-supply or fixuture store. They dont’ tolerate bad plumbers.
- Monday is our busiest day. That’s the day wives call us to correct the “work” their husbands did over the weekend.
- A burst washing machine hose is a top homeowner-insurance claim. I’d replace those filmsy rubber hoses with stainless steel ones.
- No bricks in toilet tank. They can keep your toilet from flushing correctly. No liquid drain cleaners either. they eat away at the pipes. Try a plunger or, better yet, a $30 augur.
- Know where the main water turnoff source is. I can’t tell you how many calls I get from people screaming and crying that their house is flooding and they don’t know what to do.
- If you’ve got a Rapunzel at home (or even a rapidly balding man), buy a drain strainer or a hair snare or tell her to use a paper towel to clear the drain. (Soap can gum up the pipes too, so use as little of that as you can.)
- Those “flushable” baby wipes are one of the main culprits for clogging pipes. They don’t break down the way toilet paper does.
- Pay me by the job not by the hour.
- Yes, its against the rules to remove flow inhibitors from your showerheads, but some of us will do it if you ask.
- I’m not a babysitter, a mover or an auto mechanic….don’t ask.
- Always jiggling the toilet handle? You need to replace the flap valve. The part costs $4 and it’s an easy fix. I charge $100 just to walk in the door.
- There’s often an Allen wrench that comes with the garbage disposal. I keep it under the sink. When the thing jams, follow the directions in the manual and I won’t need to come out.
- I was working in one bathroom while my client was using the whirlpool in another one. And blow-drying her hair at the same time. Her husband tolder her it was fine. I told her he was trying to get rid of her.
View more things your plumber won’t tell: Complete Article Found in www.ReadersDigest.com